Your professional partner in strategy development, with decades of experience in supporting and accompanying companies, from global players to family owned businesses and individuals.
Dipl.-Kaufmann WHU Business School (German MBA equivalent)
1990 – 1999
Classical brand management career in global fmcg players, from trainee to Marketing Director: Ferrero, Mars, Reemtsma, Groupe Danone
Managing Director ADDED VALUE Germany
2001 – 2020
Self-employed as brand strategy consultant and workshop facilitator for Unilever, Beiersdorf, Mattel, et.al.
Founder and Managing Director “Planungsbüro für Markenentwicklung GmbH“
- Track record in tailor-made development and facilitation of workshops – with 5 to 50 participants, and results ready for implementation
- Personal moderation style: Energetic mixture of straightforward, dynamic, disciplined with a good sense of humour
- Experience in projects in very different types of businesses and company cultures: from globally active corporations with regional/global matrix organization, to family-owned medium-sized companies with a focus on national business.
- Reliably bilingual: Mother tongue German, plus decades of international project work with English as my main working language
The know-how I can contribute.
I combine the expertise gained throughout my career in bluechip corporations with my extensive experience as an international consultant and workshop facilitator.
Success needs a base for inspiration
Together with me, you will develop a solid, unique positioning as an individual starting point – and on this basis we will identify the success factors that enable innovation and growth.
Reaching your goal with workshops
Instead of key decision makers working separately to achieve their objectives, we develop the brand and marketing strategy with a more dynamic method that has proved its worth: Excellently prepared workshops that involve all participants upfront, during and after the session – which will lead to results that are ready for implementation.
Strategic support & consulting
Perceiving and analyzing from “outside”, contributing know-how, offering inspiration: I am also happy to support you or your team members as a personal strategic sparring partner, whenever a situation requires it.
Your benefits from my experience:
- I am very familiar with the processes in marketing and the cross-functional interfaces to other teams (R&D, sales, finance, manufacturing etc.). This enables me to efficiently integrate all into the project and to consider different perspectives when setting up workshops.
- Due to my experience with many different companies, I can adapt flexibly to the respective corporate culture and design the workshops accordingly.
- Individuals benefit from my business experience and my contacts to different experts for the implementation.
- My continuous proximity to practice prevents ivory tower decisions – and ensures results and objectives that are realistic and feasible.
My clients’ opinion is highly valuable to me – and probably interesting for you, too. Here’s some feedback I received – you can find more on LinkedIn →.
We worked together with Martina for brand key development projects. The collaboration was very positive. She is very professional, a good facilitator and has a strong drive for achieving good results.
Lilian Wassen, VP Marketing Europe at Diversey
Thank you Martina for a great cooperation in our Market Development project. Martina has a great combination of Strategic Thinking, Marketing Understanding and thorough analytical skills. This paired with very good people skills coming from her experience in working with different organisations makes here a very powerful Marketing Consultant. She can play different parts really well which makes her flexible: She can be a creator (as well as challenger) of strategy but also can be an excellent facilitator.
Sebastian Poetzscher, Global Brand Development Manager Knorr, Unilever
I worked with Martina in order to develop a global brand strategy including brand key vision and regional action planing. Martina is a highly skilled and professional consultant in the area of strategic brand development and bringing the strategic framework to life. The workshops she prepared and moderated where a great experience of creative working while always keeping the task in the center. I can highly recommend working with Martina.
Svenja Gutzke, Marketing Manager Tempo, SCA – Hygiene and Forest Products Company
Attributes that characterize Martina and make her clearly stand out compared to other marketeers are intellectual power paired with a broad range of marketing experiences, the combination of a creative mind with a strongly business minded reasoning, and a high level of energy and enthusiasm. It has been a pleasure working with Martina and I recommend her services.
Michael Ruethick, Innovation & Portfolio Director Europe at Anheuser-Busch InBev